The garden has had some ups and downs last month.
The weather has been a lot warmer in March and the first part of April this year.
So I have planted bunches of goodies.
Big Ran and the grandkids have already been eating from our strawberry patch.
Everything is looking great!
Strawberries, onions, sunflowers, lettuce, and radishes all share a small space.
I have some other vegetables planted, but they haven’t shown their green yet.
How does your garden grow?
My peonies are growing like weeds!
Here is a blurry picture that I took about a month ago of my peony plant just coming out of the ground.
This is a picture that I took today of the same plant.
This is the plant that has the white blooms and the pink blooms on it.
Last year it only had five blooms and this year it has six.
I planted this peony plant out by my garden on the new house’s property.
So after we sell the house we are living in now, I will have at least one peony.
It has one more bloom on it getting ready to bust.
I am planting some perennials around the outside of the garden. One little plant at a time.
Are your peonies blooming yet?
- Dior Addict 2 Summer Peonies Fragrance (bellasugar.com)
- Peonies by Mary Jo Salter (whoopeeyoo.com)
- Peony Time (alwaysablogsmaid.com)
- Peonies (proflowers.com)
- 2012 – Peony Update (1) (enjoyingcreating.wordpress.com)
- Peony Buds (therousedbear.wordpress.com)
- Something old, something new… (dreamingahome.wordpress.com)
- New Jersey Peony Wedding Inspiration from TableArt + Marie Labbancz Photography (stylemepretty.com)
- 4-16-2012- Weekend Notes (enjoyingcreating.wordpress.com)
There are some beautiful trees blooming around town now.
I took a little drive and took photos of some of them.
Here they are………..
This is my neighbors tree with white blooms all over it.
This is my favorite spring-flowering tree.
I don’t know what it is called, so I just call it a tulip tree.
We had one of these in our yard when we were growing up, it is small enough that you can climb it and still be really close to the ground.
And another one.
I like the purple flowering trees, too.
I have some gardening to do today, yesterday Shafer and I didn’t get much done!
The garden is getting exciting already this year.
For me, it’s exciting when ANY plant comes rising up out of the soil that I planted the year before.
Below is a picture of a mum plant that is green and growing.
These little leaves are on a hydrangea that I planted last summer.
This little bush starts out with green leaves, then they turn a dark red.
If anyone knows what it is called, I would appreciate the info.
I have 3 small rows planted so far, lettuce – radishes – lettuce.
Wish me luck!
What does your garden look like this month?
- Spring Garden Fever (tobefrankblog.wordpress.com)
- What to do in The Garden – Second Week of March (andrewbabicz.wordpress.com)
- Hands in the dirt today (run4joy59.wordpress.com)
- Early spring adds early green; hydrangeas smile (stlouishydrangeasociety.wordpress.com)
- Time to plant spinach and lettuce (giantveggiegardener.com)