I have never made or tasted this before.
I found this naan bread at Target and this recipe was on the back.
Sounded good so I thought I would try it.
IT IS DELICIOUS!!!!
Here are the ingredients that you will need.
First you brush the olive oil on the garlic naan.
Then you are supposed to grill it, but I just cooked it in my Rachael Ray skillet.
Then I added the pesto and the sliced tomatoes.
Fresh mozzarella cheese is next.
Basil on top of everything.
Back to the skillet until the cheese is melted.
Here’s the recipe:
I have found that the best recipes are usually found on the packages of the food that you buy.
I hope that you try this one.
Oh yeah, Big Ran says, “Where’s the pepperoni”.
Pasta With Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes
5 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 C extra-virgin olive oil
2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, sliced into 1/2″ wedges
3/4 C torn fresh basil
3 T salt-packed capers, rinsed & chopped
2 t finely grated lemon zest, plus more for sprinkling
1/4 t crushed red-pepper flakes
salt & pepper
1. Heat garlic in oil in a saucepan over low heat until pale gold, about 10 min. Strain; reserve oil & garlic. Let cool.
2. Combine tomatoes, 1/4 C basil, the capers, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, & 1/2 t salt in a large bowl. Pour garlic oil & chips over tomato mixture. Marinate, covered, tossing occasionally, for 30 min.
3. Add warm pasta to bowl, & toss gently. Top with remaining 1/2 C basil. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
This recipe is supposed to serve 8, but not if I’m eating it!!
I absolutely loved this dish!!!
Big Ran said, “It’s okay.”
I wanted to try this pasta because I planted heirloom tomatoes this year for the first time. They are soooo sweet and juicy.
The basil is also from my garden. I just can’t get enough of it either!
- Recipe: Pappardelle With Fresh Ricotta, Squash Blossoms and Basil Oil (nytimes.com)
- Pasta with Olives and Lemon (ellisvillefarmersmarket.wordpress.com)
- Recipe for Pasta with Hot Italian Sausage, Kale, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes (kalynskitchen.com)