Thanks to Facebook, I found a great website of crock pot recipes www.crockpotgirls.com. On this site they have recipes, information on crock pots, tips and tricks.
This site was started by 3 busy women that want to have healthy, home cooked meals for their families.
I am going to refer back to this site often!
Here is a recipe that I want to try soon.
Hot Black Bean Dip
1 cup dry black beans
1 Tbsp Shirley J Chicken bouillon or 2 Tbsp regular bouillon granules
1/4 cup dehydrated onion flakes
7 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
Red wine vinegar
1. Rinse beans and soak them overnight in plenty of water. They will expand and become a bit soft.
2. Drain the beans and pour them into the slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker with water, about 2-3 inches above the beans.
3. Add in bouillon, dried onion, garlic cloves, salt and bay leaf.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
5. Strain the liquid into another dish and discard the garlic cloves and the bay leaf.
6. Pour strained beans into food processor or blender. Puree. Add liquid in as needed. Add in lime juice (I used about 1 tsp) and red wine vinegar (I love this so probably added in about 2 Tbsp) to taste.
7. Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or in the place of refried beans
I can’t wait to report back to you about how this recipe turns out!
- Crockpot Baked Beans (mangiaeverydaycookingwithfran.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Friday: Java Roast (organizedsahm.wordpress.com)
- Clean Red Beans and Rice (cleaneatingmama.wordpress.com)